BAOYAU is strongly committed to protecting your privacy. We use the personal data we collect on the site for various purposes. Use of such personal data will help us to add more products and services of interest to you and also to ensure that your shopping experience with us is an enjoyable and personalized one. Please read on for more details on our policies and practices in relation to personal data:
We pledge to meet fully, and where possible exceed, in complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486 of the Laws of Hong Kong). In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
What information do we collect, and how do we use it?
Types of personal data that may be collected or held by us include:
2. contact details including telephone number, fax number, address, email address, pager number,
3. identity card number;
7. marital status;
8. education level;
9. monthly income;
10. results, records and accumulative progress from visiting interactive content;
11. inquiries, suggestions or opinions;
12. interests and preferences;
13. computer operating system and details of internet service providers;
14. credit card number if you place an order with us.
We collect personal data about you from various types of sources and hold such personal data for the following purposes:
1. sending information in relation to our products and services, activities, competitions, promotions and events;
2. marketing and promotional purposes for us, our vendors and business partners and other selected companies;
3. joint marketing schemes with other parties;
4. customizing the advertising and content you visit so as to streamline your shopping experience at our site and to provide personalized marketing and promotional information;
5. fulfilling your orders for products and services, order processing and payment clearing;
6. responding to your inquiries;
7. membership registration and offering benefits and privileges;
8. collecting statistical information, conducting analysis and providing anonymous reporting for internal and external clients;
9. conducting surveys relating to our customers, products or services;
10. evaluation and further enhancement of our products and services;
11. fulfilling any purpose directly related to the above purposes.
The provision of such personal data is voluntary.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can disable cookies on your computer by indicating this in the preferences or options menus in your browser. If you disable cookies, you will not be able to shop at BAOYAU but will still be able to visit selected areas of the site.
BAOYAU may also provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will include no personal data that uniquely identifies an individual.
Currently, we do not sell, trade, give away or rent your personal data to others apart from those parties mentioned above. We may decide to do so with trusted third-party partners in the future, but you can instruct us not to. We will not sell or disclose any personal data that identifies you to any third party apart from those mentioned above without your approval.
If you have questions about this statement, please contact one of our customer care representatives. You may contact our customer service representatives via e-mail to: email@example.com